RAP has tested a number of procedures for compensating RBGs who become injured whilst performing road-building tasks. RAP has insured RBG members through an insurance company against accidents during road construction activities. But the policies offered by the company did not cover all the issues and there was considerable delay on payment. Therefore, RAP revised and adopted an internal compensation policy in June 2006 and amended in July 2009, in March 2012, May 2014 and in August 2014 and in March 2017. Now based on these experiences, RAP intends to ‘self-insure’ i.e. absorb these medical treatment costs to compensate for the injured or disable or death cases as a project expenses.
- Local Road Network Asset Management
- RAP 3 CONNECT (2016 - 2019)
- Capacity and Institutional Development
- Local Road Network Policy and Harmonisation
- Performance Management and Verification
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning